Frequently Asked Question
How can I use hash tags in my posts?
Last Updated 2 months ago
What's a hashtag and what's the use of it?
A "hashtag" is an especially marked keyword for searching matching content in social networks. "Hash" means the number sign which is a prefix of those keywords.
Finding posts by hashtagsOn Human Connection you can use those tags in posts or contributions to provide a one-click keyword search to other users.
You can also use the search bar to find posts that contain a specific hashtag, see this FAQ.
Hashtags for connecting with other usersYou can use hashtags to build groups and connect with other users like:
Clicking a hashtag will initiate a search for posts that contain the exact hashtag.
How to insert a hashtag
- Put your cursor into the post where you would like to insert the hashtag.
- Type the number sign (#). If you don't find it on your keyboard just copy it from this page and insert it into your post.
- Type the keyword.
- If the tag already exists in the network please click on it on the list. If it is highlighted there just press the Enter key.
- If the keyword is new please click on it on the list or press the space key.
Which characters are permitted?A hashtag starts with the number sign (#) and can consist of the following characters:
- at least an upper or lower case letter - also in other scripts of the world permitted